Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!
I hope you all have the most wonderful Thanksgiving this year! I wanted to give you all an update on my genealogical pursuits.
LUNA Family – While I was interviewing one of my second cousins, I was handed a picture of my great-grandmother. I was amazed. I have never seen a picture of her before and I loved it when I see pictures of my ancestors especially the ones that I had never met before! What still needs to be done? Well I need to write to the Catholic Priests in Mexico to see if they have any Birth, Marriage and/or Death records for my Luna family. I am hoping to get this done by the end of December.
Special Project(s) – I have some new and exciting things that are in the works in December. I don’t want to say anything about it yet but I should be able to let you in on this special project around the end of December, beginning of January 2013. I’m crossing my fingers that it works out! J
Vacation – Lastly, I will be on vacation from November 24th to December 1st. I have a one or two posts that will be put up, but other than that, I won’t be checking or returning my emails.
Lastly, I would like to count my blessings:
- My husband, daughter and dog Roxy.
- My siblings, parents and my extended family.
- My job and that the good Lord allows me to wake up each and every morning.
- And you…my readers. I am thankful that you take the time to read my blog. Thank you very much.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Sorry I have been MIA for the past few months. It was due to my participation in ProGen15 study group. The assignments for these past two months have been really tough and required determiniation and focus to complete them. I will be going into detail about this program and the required assignments in a post scheduled for sometime this weekend. Now that I am more free to post more regularly, I will continue with the topics scheduled in my editorial calendar.
Today I will start with my monthly aspirations. Here I will be listing my goals to complete this month. On every Saturday, I will be posting my Saturday Updates and let you know how my goals are coming along. Now, without further ado…
My Aspirations for the month of November is as follows:
- Writing – My plan is to keep up with my editorial calendar and post more frequently. I also have a few other posts about my journey to solidifying my family’s history as well but they are not currently ready for posting.
- Research – I have brought my dad’s family research a lot farther along than I had previously thought. I was thrilled to realize that accomplishment. I will also be writing to the folks in a local pairish in Zacatecas, Mexico so that I can get the vital documents for several people on my dad’s side of the family.
- Learning – Well I don’t think I could take on any more formal learning opportunities until I am done with ProGen15. If I did, I feel that I would be streching myself thin. However, I can plan for the future and I think after ProGen15, I will start with the NGS Home Study course (graded). It isn’t cheap but they do have a scholarship that I could apply for. It wouldn’t hurt to try, right?
- Organizing – For an uber organized, type A personality (yes I have my DVD movie collection alphabetized by title), multi-tasking mom, I am not currently organized with my filing system for my genealogy research. I need to tame that monster. (Oh and yes, I am usually that uber organized, type A, multi-tasking mom. At 3 1/2 weeks to go, I gave my daughter her Monthly, Week before, Day Before, and Day Of to do List for our vacation at the end of the month. Yes, she did roll her eyes at me too!)
So for this month, this is my aspiration to complete these goals! So what do you have on your list? Comment love is always appreciated!!! 🙂 Have a fabulous day!