The other day I posted about my accomplishments made in 2011. You can read it here. Before we get to my goals lets take a look at a few stats on my blog. Wordpress has gathered the statistics on my blog emailed them to me yesterday. Since the start of my blog in January 2011, it has been viewed 2,200 times. Most of the visitors came from the U.S while others came from the Philippines and Australia. The most popular five posts were:
- 1 Tuesday’s Tip – Converting Cassette recordings to Digital Files March 2011
- 2 Thank you National Genealogical Society for the best birthday present!!! May 2011
- 3 You heard it here first folks!!! February 2011
- 4 My Trip to the Los Angeles Superior Court. March 2011
- 5 My Monthly Aspirations – A new ongoing series. July 2011
It was exciting to get these stats as I was unsure if there were many people reading it. I’m glad to find that I didn’t need to worry about that.
Now on to my goals for 2012!!
1. Education – Well I have been accepted into the next ProGen Group and it should start sometime this month. I’ve already purchased the book we are working out of, Professional Genealogy by Elizabeth Shown Mills and have read it completely. I am anxious in getting this started and completing it.
2. Contest – Well I am working on and will complete my submission for the NGS Family History Writing Contest. You can read about it here. I am still working on the draft and verifying family relationships. I am hoping that I win this contest.
3. Writing – Like most bloggers, I want to post more to my blog and be more consistent. Well I have two outlets that will help me to keep this goal. First, I am participating in Geneabloggers 52 Weeks of Abundance Genealogy. What is 52 Weeks of Abundance Genealogy? You can read about it here. The second outlet is from BlogHer.com. They have a monthly NaBloPoMo or National Blogging Post Month. I will be participating in the posts for January.
4. Research – I want to work on and extent the Luna and Stanard family line. I also need to interview my dad’s older sisters, specially my Aunt Jessie who this April, will be 100 years old.
5. Organize – I have been reading other genealogist’s goals for 2012 and I have notice that there are several that have that same goal and I do when it comes to organization. I
want need to organize my photos in a better fashion so that it could be easily found and to label them to be easily identifiable. I also need to go through my Legacy Family Tree database and verify or correct the citations.
6. Technical – I really, really, REALLY would like to get by the end of this year a digital recorder for those interviews I need to conduct and a FlipPal!! I have heard nothing but great things regarding FlipPal and am jonesing for one really badly!!!
7. Earlier this year, I was interviewing my uncle during a telephone call and he told me that he found my grandmother’s grave site in Santa Clara, CA. However, he told me that she was buried in a pauper’s grave and that there is no tombstone. So I want to go and take a look myself and talk to the employees at the cemetery to see what information they can give me. I am thinking of planning this trip for spring or early summer.
8. In anticipation of the 1940 Census being released in April 2012, I have volunteered to help with indexing. My goal is to complete indexing a minimum of 100 pages (1940 census and other documents) by the end of 2012. I volunteered with FamilySearch.org. I highly recommend that if you can, volunteer to help with indexing with FamilySearch.org. You can find more information here.
9. I would love to breakthrough my brickwall. My brickwall is my grandmother, Vicenta Luna. I have been told of her birth date and found the marriage and death information, but I have no collaboration information on her parents. I have been told that her father was Esteban Robles and her mother has the first name of Pabla, but that is all I have. I know of no other relatives other than those from my grandfather’s line.
10. Last but not least, it is my goal to attend SCGS Jamboree in June 2012. I hope to not only see the friends I made last year, but to definately meet new ones.
So that is my list of goals. I can’t wait to read more from other genealogist!
Happy New Year y’all!!