At the end of May, I posted a list of some goals that I had wanted to keep track of. I was originally just going to update that post now, but I have decided that I will instead make it a monthly series. I will try to post my monthly aspirations as close to the first of the month as possible. So, to read what I posted in my original “goals” post, you can go here. I have also decided to add a few catagories to keep my monthly aspirations more organized.
So, here is my update of last May’s goals.
- Project Sanchez – When I first started this, I ended up working on my Grandmother’s gardening journal first. I already had the page protectors and the binder to put them in so I just went a head and did it. It is now safe and sound and in as best a chronological order as I can get it. I love it. It gives me a peek into a side of my grandmother that I had only heard of. She was very smart and very scientific when it came to her plants. I am working on getting my mom’s permission to publish the gardening journal here, but we will see how that turns out. I did start on my mom’s sanchez research and started organizing it. It is definatley going to be a difficult task, but I can definately get it done.
- Visiting So. Califonria Genealogical Society – I had a great time at the library! I am planning on going back this Saturday. I recently found out that they are open on some Saturday and Sundays. Woo Hoo!!! I will be visting the library more often now too!
- Sanchez Family Reunion – Well this event has blossomed into a bit larger event than I originally expected. So far we have 35 people coming. We have the facility booked (my sister’s house) and we are starting to get RSVP’s in too. We have planned a photo scanning station, kids arts and crafts station, kareoke and possibly some musically inclined family members performing (me included). We still need to figure out which entre the hostesses (my sisters, mom and I) are going to serve and we need a final count about a week before the reunion. So far, so good.
- RESEARCH – Sanchez: Continue to make headway on my Project Sanchez. I want to try to get through one box at least. Luna: Continue to research the Mexican migration trails from Central Mexico to Texas to California, continue to research migrant farm workers of the 1930′s and 194o’s.
- ORGANIZATION – Work on organizing the scanned photos that I have already in my computer. This will also be helpful for the reunion too.
- EDUCATION – Make a list of my genealogy library and a list of the books I want to add to my genealogy library.
- WRITING – Blog: Continue participating in the 31 weeks to a better genealogy blog challenge. Post something every other day. Genealogy: Start writing a possible submission for the NGS’ Family History Writing Contest.
- OTHER - I have been toying with the idea of making some changes to the way my blog looks. By the end of this month, I want to make a final decision on whether or not to do this and what changes I want to make. Any suggestion of how you would like My Genealogy Obsession blog to look??? All comments will be read and responded to!
So, this is what I aspire to complete this month. What are your plans?
Have a great day!!